Aloe Vera as acne treatment
Indepent of our age, acne is still a major commen problem for all of us in our skin. Teenagers are much more exposed to it due to the hormonal changes they are undergoing. Another factors triggering acne are inadecuate bad care, non-healthy feeding habits and stress.
If we do not clean our skin properly or we use for doing so aggressive products, we can dehydrate our skin and as a result more oil would be produced to compensate. This excess oil and daily exposure will block our pores, creating a perfect place for bacteria's to develop. Acne can be significantly reduced with natural products, daily cleaning habits and a proper diet. Home made products use ingredients easy to find such as aloe vera, honey, apple vinegar and garlic.
In this article you will find how to use the aloe vera for acne and how to make the most out of it.
How does aloe vera work towards acne?
- Aloe vera contains gibberellins (growth hormone), glucomannan (a mannose-rich polysaccharide), which improves collagen synthesis when used or consumed.
- Gibberellins and polysaccharides contain antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that fight bacteria by releasing blocked pores.
- Absorbs excess sebum from the skin, preventing clogging of pores.
- The polyethylene glycol in aloe vera reduces inflammation. It also reduces irritation and redness caused by pimples.
- Aloe vera contains zinc, vitamin C and vitamin E.
- Aloe vera is rich in enzymes such as catechins, carotenoids and flavonoids. Besides carbohydrates and amino acids.
- The astringent properties of aloe vera help to contract the skin, therefore the pores are cleaned of deposited sebum, dead skin cells and dirt, and aloe vera stimulates cell growth to heal damaged skin.
How to use Aloe Vera for acne?
There are several ways to use aloe vera alone or in combination to treat acne. Try one of the natural acne remedies described below to improve the appearance of your skin.
Aloe Vera alone
This process is very effective in the treatment of acne and scars.
- Wash your face with antibacterial soap. Dries completely.
- Remove the gel from an aloe vera leaf.
- Apply the extracted gel to cleansed and affected skin.
- Leave it overnight and wash it with water the next morning.
- Repeat every day.
Aloe vera gel or juice like this can also be used.
Alternative method: Mix the Aloe Vera Gel with water. Apply to the affected skin with a cotton pad. Wash with water after 1 hour. Repeat regularly.
Process 2: Aloe Vera Cooking
- Pour the boiling water over the crumbled leaves of the aloe vera.
- Herve for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow the solution to cool.
- Use this liquid to clean the affected skin.
- Repeat twice in one day.
Aloe Vera with lemon juice
This mask not only helps to blot out acne scars, but also works to achieve a more radiant skin.
- Mix a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice into 1 - 2 teaspoons of aloe vera gel or juice.
- Apply to affected skin and leave on for 10 minutes or overnight.
- Wash with warm water followed by cold water.
Tipp: You can also add a few drops of thermal water if you have sensitive skin.
Alternatively, lime or grapefruit juice can also be used.
Process 2: With protein
- Mix one egg white (beaten), 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice into 2 tablespoons of chopped aloe vera pulp.
- Apply like a mask and wash off with water after drying.
- Continue to apply this mixture regularly.
Tipp: Lemon and protein can dry out the skin, which can aggravate acne. That is why we recommend applying an oil-free moisturizer after rinsing the mixture.
Aloe Vera with honey
Honey contains anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antibiotic properties. It also contains minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that help the skin. The combination of honey and aloe vera is most effective in the treatment of acne.
- Mix one tablespoon of Aloe Vera Gel and one tablespoon of honey in a bowl.
- Apply to the pimples and leave on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with water and caress the skin.
- Apply any oil-free moisturizer.
Tipp: You can add ½ teaspoons of rose water or a pinch of turmeric for additional benefits.
- Cook a fresh Aloe Vera leaf in water for 5-7 minutes.
- Mash the leaf and add a tablespoon of honey.
- Stir well and apply to the affected skin areas.
- Gently massage in for 3-5 minutes.
- Leave for 20 - 30 minutes and rinse with cold water.
- Repeat this process regularly.
Aloe Vera Mask with sugar and milk
This is the perfect anti-acne combination that not only fights acne, but also illuminates, hydrates and soothes the most reactive skin. Sugar contains glycolic acid, which promotes cell renewal. It also acts as a moisturizer to block moisture. Milk helps to tighten and soothe the skin.
- Mix one tablespoon of sugar into 1/2 tablespoon of milk until the sugar dissolves.
- Add two tablespoons of Aloe Vera Gel.
- Stir all these ingredients together and apply this mixture as a mask to the affected skin.
- Allow to dry for approx. 20 - 30 minutes.
- Rinse your face with warm, dry water.
- Apply the moisturizer and repeat this process regularly.
Aloe Vera with cosmetic clay
This method is widely used to cure, cleanse and dry pimples and inflammations.
- Mix one tablespoon of clay (white or pink) and fresh aloe vera juice.
- Stir well to obtain a fine paste.
- Apply to the skin and leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse the mask with cold water and dab dry skin.
- Repeat the application of this Aloe mask clay regularly.
Aloe Vera with tea tree oil
Tea tree oil has antibacterial and antifungal properties that kill the bacteria that cause pimples.
- Mix a few drops of tea tree oil (you can find it in any herbalist) in a spoonful of Aloe Vera Gel.
- Apply to the affected skin and leave on for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash with water and dry.
- Repeat this process regularly.
- We hope that these natural acne remedies will help you to improve the appearance of your skin.